Friday, February 29, 2008

strong and warm and wild and free

It may have the most ridiculously pervy/sexist cover since The Pros and Cons of Hitch Hiking, but I'm enjoying the lush electro sounds of the new Sebastien Tellier album



...and, talking of Sexuality, I'm looking forward to Monday. As well as the new Billy Bragg, the new Nick Cave album sounds great, and I'll probably get hold of Malcolm Middleton and Duffy as well. Before that, I've got Jane Birkin for a bit more anglo-gallic loveliness, tomorrow night in Camden.

2 comments:

Tom said...

Sebastien Tellier - who he?

Glad you enjoyed JB - how was the Roundhouse as a venue? did you see that JAMC have cancelled one of their gigs there, allegedly because of poor ticket sales?

Graham said...

I can't remember where I picked up on Sexuality, but the album is the sort of over-the-top euro electropop I enjoy every now and again. And the album cover is ridiculous.
I'll blog the Jane Birkin gig in the next couple of days. It wasn't perfect, and I'm still not sure whether I'm going to gush indulgently and uncritically. But it was certainly a memorable night. Hadn't herad about the Mary Chain cancellation; weird when you think My Bloody Valentine are palying 4 nights this summer.