Sunday, October 28, 2007

there is only feeling in this world of love and death

Erol Alkan has been behind much that I have enjoyed over the last couple of years; his Beyond The Wizard's Sleeve Monkees remix was my track of 2005; I also liked his Franz Ferdinand remix on the 2006 Rough Trade compilation, and his own Bugged In selection, which introduced me to Passing Through by Rare Bird as well as the Concretes' version of the Stones' Miss You (and which was possibly playing in the background if you've drank coffee chez Tan Ward in the last two years).
He did a 6 Mix for BBC 6 Music last month, which is now available as a podcast at www.erolalkan.co.uk and on itunes. I love the Broadcast track; I will have to look out more of their stuff. From the obscure - Holger Czukay, Wobble, Liebezeit to the better known - Madness and Glen Campbell - this works really well.

No comments: