Tuesday, June 12, 2007

ladies and gentlemen, Mogwai

Ah, the beauty of the internet. Tom's comment about seeing the Delgados last week led me to thinking about which current bands I really should try to see live or else regret it. Mogwai and the White Stripes were the two that came to mind. After reflecting that it was unfortunate Mogwai's gig at Somerset House had already sold out, and having seen how much the tickets were going for on ebay, I put the thought to one side. Still, Somerset House - great venue - so I decided to see what other acts I could see in their Summer series. And happy, happy, joy, joy - there were still Mogwai tickets available. So I'm off with Tom - who has promised to drown in their back catalogue over the next month - and Jim. I'm really looking forward to it. Malcolm Middleton supporting, and the gig will be in surround sound. So I expect the loud bit in Like Herod to blow my socks off. I might have to invest in some earplugs (spot the old bugger whose hearing is beginning to go...).

1 comment:

Tom said...

True to my word, I dropped into Selectadisc on my way hoime tonight and picked up Mr Beast and Come On Die Young, on your recommendation...

Very much looking forward to the gig!