Tuesday, July 03, 2007

our house was filled with many birds. she said to me "I understand their words".

It was a frustrating week last week; I was out of the country all week with a dead ipod. 55gb of songs on the hard drive, but the pod couldn't see any of them. Later in the week, it seemed to have died completely. I've had an extra 6 months out of it since it first started playing up, so maybe I should be pleased for small mercies.
I'm thinking of using this as an excuse to buy a Nano, just to keep me going until I fork out on a new one. I'm flying through Hong Kong next month; I need to check if they're cheaper there.
So I haven't yet listened to the new Art Brut album which I added last Monday. If it's as good as the first one, it's going to be good.
I am enjoying the new Frank Black compilation 93-03. I already had a lot of it, but the additional live disc was worth buying, and it's a good overview of his post-Pixies career. I've also downloaded a superb live recording of Jeff Tweedy playing a solo acoustic set in Chicago a couple of months back. Lots of stuff from the new album, but also some older Wilco, Uncle Tupelo and Golden Smog songs. Some great audience banter too. Read more about it here.

No comments: